Diploma of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation HLT52615
Total number of units – 18
- HLTAYV001 Develop Ayurvedic practice
- HLTAYV002 Make Ayurvedic lifestyle assessments
- HLTAYV003 Provide Ayurvedic bodywork therapies
- HLTAYV004 Provide Ayurvedic lifestyle advice
- HLTAYV005 Provide advice on Ayurvedic nutrition
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
You will be required to attend the HIA Gold Coast campus on 4 occasions, to complete your practical training, which includes; Abhyanga, Kati basti, Shirodhara and conducting Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultations.
- Three-day practical training – Abhyanga (massage). Gold Coast campus
- Three-day practical training – Kati basti and Shirodhara. Gold Coast campus
- Seven-day retreat – Nirvana Wellbeing retreat. Gold Coast
- Seven-day practicum – Ayurvedic consultations / treatments / assessment. Gold Coast campus
COURSE 9: HIAAYU9 – Ayurvedic Massage Therapy (Abyhanga)
Table of Contents
LESSON 9.1 Ayurvedic Relaxation Massage
Topic 9.1.1 Definition
Topic 9.1.2 History of massage
Topic 9.1.3 Massage and the life stages
LESSON 9.2 Snehana
Topic 9.2.1 Definition
Topic 9.2.2 Massage included in snehana therapy
Topic 9.2.3 Various types of massage
Topic 9.2.4 Sweating treatment (Swedana)
LESSON 9.3 Massage and constitution
Topic 9.3.1 Importance of prakruti
Topic 9.3.2 Massage according to the doshas
LESSON 9.4 Strokes used in massage
Topic 9.4.1 Basic strokes of massage
LESSON 9.5 Oil Massage, Abhyanaga.
Topic 9.5.1 Abhyanaga.
Topic 9.5.2 Types of abhyanga.
Topic 9.5.3 Benefits of abhyanga.
LESSON 9.6 Massage oils.
Topic 9.6.1 Cooking the oils.
Topic 9.6.2 When to use oil.
LESSON 9.7 Skin care.
Topic 9.7.1 Skin.
Topic 9.7.2 Skin tonics.
Topic 9.7.3 Household remedies for skin.
Topic 9.7.4 Hair care.
LESSON 9.8 Marma vidyana.
Topic 9.8.1 Definition.
Topic 9.8.2 Classifications of marma.
Topic 9.8.3 Classifications of marma according to results after injury.
Topic 9.8.4 Marmas in various parts of the body.
Topic 9.8.5 Diagrams of marma points on the body.
LESSON 9.9 Practise Ayurvedic Massage Therapy
Topic 9.9.1 Occupational Health and Safety.
Topic 9.9.2 Personal Hygiene – Preventative Measures
Topic 9.9.3 Equipment and Materials
Topic 9.9.4 Contra-indication
Topic 9.9.5 Towel technique
Topic 9.9.6 Massage techniques
Topic 9.9.7 Massage for senses
Topic 9.9.8 Anatomical positions
Topic 9.9.9 Getting started – preparation
Topic 9.9.10 Record Keeping
LESSON 9.10 Assessment